KOOL 105 “Name the Band to Get to the Sand” Contest
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- The KOOL 105 “Name the Band to Get to the Sand” Contest (the “Contest”) will begin Monday, November 7, 2016 at 7:10am MT and end on Friday, November 18, 2016 in the 7:00am MT hour (the “Contest Period”). Weekly prizes will vary and may include restaurant gift cards, concert tickets, etc. Must be 21 years or older to enter this Contest. One grand prize winner will be awarded a trip for two to Cancun, Mexico, which will include air travel and hotel accommodations for 5 days and 4 nights. Grand Prize winner will be drawn at random out of all eligible qualifiers that qualified during Contest Period. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. ARV for all prizes is $3,000.
- The Contest is open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia who reside within the Denver area and are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry, and have not won a vacation from any of The Mark Travel Corporation business units including but not limited to Funjet Vacations, Southwest Vacations and United Vacations consumer promotions in the last 12 months to enter. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Contest is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this Contest if you are not located in the United States.
- Employees of KXKL (“Station”), KSE Radio LLC. (“Company”), and Southwest Airlines Co., Southwest Vacations, The Mark Travel Corporation, La Macchia Enterprises (collectively, “Prize Providers”), their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Denver area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members means spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
- Persons who have won a prize in another sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from any one (1) of the following radio stations: KXKL, within the sixty (60) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to enter. Only one (1) person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from any one of the above-listed radio stations during any sixty (60) day period.
- Station is not responsible for charges participants may incur as a result of wireless phone or Internet transmissions. The Station is not responsible for service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an entrant from entering the Contest.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBIILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
- All decisions made by the Station and Company management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final and binding.
- Participants may only win twice per household address every CALENDAR month in regard to daily giveaways such as concert tickets, gift cards, movie passes, etc. Participants can only win once per month for a MAJOR STATION contest unless otherwise noted in the Official Rules.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Participants may enter the Contest during the following dates and times (“Entry Period”):
|November 7, 2016||November 11, 2016|
|November 14, 2016||November 18, 2016|
Participants must listen to the Station weekdays during the Entry Periods above at approximately 7:10 AM MT during the Big 80s trivia contest. The morning show will play a clip of a song or ask a trivia question about a band from the 80’s decade. The first caller at (303) 631-1051 to correctly guess the band will win a Weekly Prize and will qualify for a chance to win the Grand Prize.
- The winner will be randomly drawn from the qualifying participants who correctly named the band during the contest period.
- Weekly Prizes: Concert tickets, circus tickets, Elitch’s Frightfest, and Breckenridge Wine Classic. ARV for each Weekly Prize is $50.00
- Grand Prize:
- Round trip air travel on Southwest Airlines® for winner and one (1) guest from Denver International Airport (“DEN”) to Cancun International Airport (“CUN”) (subject to Air Travel Restrictions set forth below)
- Double accommodations for four (4) consecutive nights in one (1) room for two (2) people at Azul Fives Hotel by Karisma (“Hotel”)
- Additional ground transportation, meals and beverages outside of the resort, gratuities, taxes, hotel room service, laundry service, excursions, local and long distance telephone calls, souvenirs, incidentals, and all other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
- ARV for the Grand Prize is $2,500.
- If the actual value of any prize is less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
- Air Travel Restrictions: Air travel is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. Round trip travel for two (2) on Southwest Airlines will be awarded in the form of four (4) Southwest flight e-passes. Each Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest Airlines-operated, published, scheduled service between DEN and CUN. The Southwest flight e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest Airlines. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest flight e-pass(es). Southwest flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. However, the recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering a Southwest flight e-pass. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines’ Passenger Contract of Carriage set out at https://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/contract-of-carriage.pdf. If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he/she is responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. Winner is responsible for booking all travel and paying all applicable international taxes and fees. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. Winner and guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Winner and guest must have valid government-issued photo identification at the time of travel. If the travel guest is a minor, winner must be his/her parent/guardian, or be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian. Government-imposed per passenger travel taxes of up to $150 are not included and are payable by each of winner and guest prior to travel.
- Valid dates for Hotel stay are January 8, 2017 – January 31, 2018. Hotel accommodations are subject to availability and not permitted during holidays, blackout dates or convention periods. Confirmation will be given on a space available basis only. Once a reservation is made through Southwest Vacations promotions department, no changes are permitted. Grand Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein. Winner is responsible for providing all necessary travel documentation, including passports. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007 all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department’s consular website travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced individuals traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree. Southwest Vacations and/or Company will not rebook or revise any reservations if travelers do not possess a valid U.S. Passport by their date of departure. Travel arrangements are subject to availability.
- Winners must present a credit card upon check-in at the Hotel to cover any incidentals that may occur.
- To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
- Dates and times of concerts, trips, events, and activities promoted by event sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the Station. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. The Station is not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative Grand Prize under these circumstances.
- Prizes will not be mailed. Winners of all prizes will be instructed to visit the offices of the Station located at KXKL – 720 S. Colorado Blvd., Suite 1200 North, Denver, CO 80246 to claim their prize. Winners must claim their prize within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
- Prizes may only be claimed by the actual winner. Friends and family members are not eligible to claim the prize on behalf of the winner.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo identification) to claim their prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
- In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by the winner.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of any prize.
- Payments of all federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of any prize. Winnings over $600 will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, likeness, photograph, statements, opinions, biographical information and/or Contest entry used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, whether related to this Contest or otherwise, in any media, worldwide, now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes, in perpetuity, without additional notice, payment, or other compensation, and must sign a publicity release, where legal, prior to acceptance of the prize.
- All Contest winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Required Documentation”), prior to acceptance of any prize. If a potential winner fails to sign any Required Documentation; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as stated; or if a potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries. If applicable, winner’s guest must execute a Liability Release and, where legal, publicity release, prior to the acceptance of any prize.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right to make changes in these Official Rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
- The Station, the Company, Prize Providers, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, Internet registration or text entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Contest. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Station, the Company, Prize Providers, their subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event such an act should occur, the Station may, in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF STATION, COMPANY, PRIZE PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGES, OR CAUSES OR ACTION (HOWEVER NAMED OR DESCRIBED), RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE CONTEST, (II) ANY PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, AND (III) THE RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE(S) AWARDED HEREIN. POSSIBLE CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, INFRINGEMENT OF ANY RIGHT OF PUBLICITY OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH AND DISABILITY; DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (INTENTIONAL AND UNINTENTIONAL); AND DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF SUCH PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABILE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNUTIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTEST. If for any reason a participant’s entry is confirmed to have been voided or corrupted by any grossly negligent act of the Station, the participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, subject to availability and provided that the Contest has not then expired.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s, control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
- By participating in the Contest, each winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Contest.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station’s Web Site or is otherwise in violation of the rules.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the Official Rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, cancelled or has a change of venue, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in a participant’s disqualification, solely at the discretion of the Station.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- This Contest is void where prohibited by applicable law.
- Copies of the Official Rules and a list of winners (when available) are available during regular business hours (Monday – Friday from 9:00am MT – 5:00pm MT) at the main studio of KXKL, 720 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite 1200 North, Denver, CO 80246 and also online at www.KOOL105.com.
- Sponsor: KXKL – KOOL 105, 720 S. Colorado Blvd., Suite 1200 North, Denver, CO 80246