Rod Stewart is coming to Ball Arena in Denver, CO on August 1, 2023!
With his 1978 No. 1 single, Rod Stewart famously asked the world “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?” 100 million record sales later, it’s safe to say the world answered “Yes.” As one of the top-selling artists of all time, with a career spanning four decades, the British singer-songwriter is one of the most celebrated figures in rock and roll history. The times may have changed, but Stewart’s appeal hasn’t – with his 28th studio album, 2013’s Time, the raspy crooner once again topped the UK Albums Chart – the first time he’d done so since the release of his Greatest Hits Volume 1 in 1979. Stewart got his start as a solo artists in the early ‘70s, achieving his first mainstream success with blues rock hit “Maggie May” from 1971’s Every Picture Tells a Story. In the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, the singer would adopt disco and new wave influences to much success, including the 1978 No. 1 Blondes Have More Fun and 1981’s Tonight I’m Yours, which featured the hit “Young Turks.” On tour, Stewart treats ticket buyers to rollicking sets of his greatest hits, proving that “Rod the Mod” still knows how to give one heck of a live concert.
- Cost more than $180 million in private funds to build across 21 months
- Site Acreage: 45 acres
- Square Footage: 675,000
- Opened October 1, 1999 with Celine Dion in concert
- The Grand Atrium sculpture weighs 2,000 pounds, cost $75,000 and is 1.5 times life size
- It takes over 1,000 staff members to run an event
- Owned and operated by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
SEATING AT BALL ARENA
- Concerts: 20,000+ depending on stage configuration
- Basketball: 19,520
- Hockey: 17,809
- Lacrosse: 17,809
- Special Events: 21,000
- Suites: 95 luxury suites that can accommodate 12 – 16 people
- There are 149 panes of .5" thick glass that surround the hockey rink, weighing between 50 and 250 pounds apiece. It takes 2 forklifts and 8 people 45 minutes to "hang" the entire rink.
- Each net hung on the ends of the rink has a lifespan of only 33 games.
- For other events in the building, the ice is covered with approximately 600 pieces of a 1" thick fiberglass board.
- Cost of the basketball court is $105,000.00.
- Each basketball stanchion weighs approximately 3,300 pounds and is anchored into the basketball floor to prevent it from being tipped over.
- Each net on the basketball goals is replaced every 5 games or as needed.
- There are 233 pieces to the basketball floor - each weighing approximately 185 pounds. The total weight of the entire basketball floor is 41,625 pounds.
- The Mammoth carpet consists of 14 - 15' wide rolls of Astroturf and is .75" thick.
- It takes 12 people only 25 minutes to lay the field.
VENUE MANAGEMENTDenver-based Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is one of the world’s leading ownership, entertainment and management groups. As owners and operators of Ball Arena, Paramount Theatre, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, the Denver Nuggets (NBA), Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and Colorado Rapids (MLS), KSE’s sports and entertainment assets are second to none. Additional properties under the KSE umbrella include Altitude Sports & Entertainment, a 24-hour regional television network and Altitude Authentics, the company’s official retail provider.
Denver, CO 80204