In a surprise announcement Guns N’ Roses is coming to Denver, in OCTOBER!
The LA-based band was formed in 1985 with rock hits including “November Rain,” “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Welcome to the Jungle.”
On vocals and keyboard is lead singer Axl Rose (61 years old), Duff McKagan on bass (59), Slash playing lead guitar (58), Dizzy Reed on the keyboard (60), Richard Fortus as a second guitarist (56), Frank Ferrer on drums (57) and Melissa Reese as a second keyboardist (33).
The band is performing on Oct. 27 at Ball Arena. Denver is the last show in the U.S. before the band moves on to Mexico City.
Catch them at Ball Arena on October 27th!
- Cost more than $180 million in private funds to build across 21 months
- Site Acreage: 45 acres
- Square Footage: 675,000
- Opened October 1, 1999 with Celine Dion in concert
- The Grand Atrium sculpture weighs 2,000 pounds, cost $75,000 and is 1.5 times life size
- It takes over 1,000 staff members to run an event
- Owned and operated by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment
SEATING AT BALL ARENA
- Concerts: 20,000+ depending on stage configuration
- Basketball: 19,520
- Hockey: 17,809
- Lacrosse: 17,809
- Special Events: 21,000
- Suites: 95 luxury suites that can accommodate 12 – 16 people
- There are 149 panes of .5″ thick glass that surround the hockey rink, weighing between 50 and 250 pounds apiece. It takes 2 forklifts and 8 people 45 minutes to “hang” the entire rink.
- Each net hung on the ends of the rink has a lifespan of only 33 games.
- For other events in the building, the ice is covered with approximately 600 pieces of a 1″ thick fiberglass board.
- Cost of the basketball court is $105,000.00.
- Each basketball stanchion weighs approximately 3,300 pounds and is anchored into the basketball floor to prevent it from being tipped over.
- Each net on the basketball goals is replaced every 5 games or as needed.
- There are 233 pieces to the basketball floor – each weighing approximately 185 pounds. The total weight of the entire basketball floor is 41,625 pounds.
- The Mammoth carpet consists of 14 – 15′ wide rolls of Astroturf and is .75″ thick.
- It takes 12 people only 25 minutes to lay the field.